The Real Punjabi Black Tea Or “Chai”, Or “Chaah”
Ok Starbucks… You Have Competition!
- Black tea leaves or tea leaf powder (1 tablespoon)
- Fresh Ginger root (100 grams)
- Fennel seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Cloves (10)
- Cardamom (10)
- Ajwain seeds (1/3 teaspoon)
- Clean water
- Nontoxic cooking pot
- Sugar or cane sugar to taste
- Mix ginger, fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom and ajwain and grind them into a paste.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pan and add tea leaves.
- Cook at medium intensity
- Once the water turns black add the herb/spice mixture
- Cook for 20 mins. Savor the aroma.
- Add Almond milk or skimmed milk after 10 mins and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Filter and enjoy.
This is the real Chai!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.